Diet Time....

I never managed to get into the actual gym yesterday. I spent the morning in the coffee area sipping cappuccinos and wolfing down poached eggs on toast (healthy! Hurrah!) followed by a small portion of chips....(not so healthy... shit). I hate the fact that I am always on a diet, yet never actually seem to stick to it. Whether it be the daily bourbon biscuit or the leftovers from my boy’s supper - “naughty” food always seems to find it’s way into my mouth. I have zero willpower. In order to incentivise myself, I decided to award myself £10 for every 1lb weight loss. I figured that if I lost the 24lbs that I desperately need to lose, then I could collect £240 - which is enough for a Gucci belt!! Hurrah! So I started this mission on Sunday. I was £10 up yesterday morning, but having since scoffed down a whole tub of Waitrose Chocolate Krispie bites (try them - they are delicious), I am now minus -£10. Fuckity Fuck!

It’s a painful realisation though that I am literally going to have to spend the rest of my life watching what I eat. If I don’t, there is a very real chance that I could end up weighing more than my husband (which is entirely unacceptable - after all, who wants a man who has thinner thighs than you!). The sad fact is that I have the ability to immediately put on 2lbs after a reasonably large meal, yet it takes me 2 weeks of hard dieting to lose that amount. But what seems so unjust is when you see skinny people regularly tucking into all sorts of naughty food - chocolate, pizza, chips. And they don’t put on a bloody ounce. Bastards! I have one friend who literally eats whatever she wants. She doesn’t exercise and she eats crap. She’s a bloody size 8! Mind you - her breath always stinks, so I guess you can’t have it all.

Teddy actually turned round to me the other day and asked me if I had a baby in my tummy. “But it’s so big!” He said with genuine concern. On telling him that there wasn’t any baby coming and mummy had simply just eaten too much, he grinned a big grin and sung out loud ”Fatty Mummy! Fatty Mummy, mummy is a Fatty Mummy!” Brilliant. I am now not just “Mummy” but “Fatty Mummy”. Let’s hope he just doesn’t call me that in public!

Comments

Popular Posts